Bringing Science To Life!
A frozen embryo transfer (FET) is a type of IVF treatment where a cryopreserved embryo created in a full IVF cycle is thawed and transferred to the uterus of the patient
Frozen Embryo Transfer saves time, expenses and the additional physical stress of having to undergo the elaborate process of egg collection all over again. The embryos from one cycle if unused, can be frozen, and used for the next cycle of IVF.
We at Aikya Fertility & Research Centre offer a comprehensive frozen embryo transfer service in Bangalore to help couples achieve their dream of having a family. Our team of experts will guide you through every step of the process, from selecting the best embryos to transfer, to optimizing your chances of success. Our experienced team of fertility specialists will work with you to determine the best course of action for achieving a successful pregnancy. We are passionate about our philosophy of making high quality, effective fertility treatment accessible for as many people as possible by keeping our pricing affordable.
In order to prevent multiple Births and to prevent the complications related to twin pregnancy Fertility Specialists prefer using a single embryo to prevent multiple pregnancies and the rest are frozen and stored in case of future need. If the first round of Embryo transfer does not work then the frozen embryos from the first cycle of IVF are put to use by thawing them and using them in the second cycle of embryo transfer.
This process of freezing and thawing embryos to produce babies is the one of the greatest boon in assisted reproductive technology.
The process of freezing embryos has improved over time with vitrification - a fast freezing technology that has eliminated the formation of unwanted ice crystals which was seen in conventional freezing techniques. People opting for this procedure get equal results and even better results compared to fresh embryo transfer cycle.
The embryos are frozen in Cryo locks after stringent labelling and colour coding. These cryo locks are then placed in liquid nitrogen where they get stored until their need arises.
The freezing process takes several hours but the thawing of embryos is a short process.
There are several benefits of frozen embryo transfer:
1. Freezing the embryos offers the patients the option to undergo additional cycles of embryo trnsfer, without having to take medicines for stimulating ovulation. Patients avoid undergoing anesthesia again and again for egg retrieval process. Only preparation of the endometrium is done during the FET cycle. This saves time, expenses and physical stress.
2. Frozen embryo transfers are cheaper than fresh cycles as in case of the former, monitoring visits are reduced; there is no need for egg retrieval or embryo culture.
3. The progesterone level increases in a woman during ovarian stimulation and this may reduce pregnancy rates. This scenario is reduced with FET.
4. Frozen embryo can be tested for genetic defects prior to implantation.
5. Freezing embryos gives couples opportunity to plan for a second baby as these embryos can be used for up to a period of 5 years.
At Aikya Fertility & Research Centre, we have experienced and well-trained doctors, embryologists and staff who specialize in fertility treatments, including FET. We use the latest technology and has state-of-the-art facilities for FET and this can help ensure the best possible outcomes for you and your embryos. We take great care to ensure that our patients receive the highest level of care and attention throughout the frozen embryo transfer process. We can help you achieve your dream of having a family. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for frozen embryo transfer (FET).